Listen to Music!

Nicole Sequin, Contributor

Have you ever been in school, studying or writing a paper, and felt bored or stuck? The real solution is music. Most high school and college students have their earbuds in and are completely focused. All you have to do is pick the best playlist that is right for you. Go on your phone or computer and download any music app: Spotify, Apple Music, Soundcloud, Youtube, Musee… etc. Make a playlist on the app, and add all of your favorite songs.

Some people prefer classical if they’re studying. Others prefer their own music to study with. A good idea is to have multiple playlists and have one for studying or doing homework. You could have your own music that you enjoy listening to on your free time or even when you’re studying. Music is a great way to express how you are feeling. If you are feeling angry, sad, happy, excited, or you don’t even know how you’re feeling, there  is definitely a song for it.

Another reason to listen to music is to block out any distractions you might have. In school, you might be trying to get your work done and others are loud or distracting, and a good way to block them out is using headphones. Listening to the music that you enjoy could really motivate you into doing your work. If you choose a slow classical song, it might calm you down but, might not help you focus on what you need to get done. I suggest you pick a song that gets you writing or thinking but not one that makes you dance and sing. These strategies should help you into getting all of your work done when you put in the effort and get a good playlist going.