A Few Clubs at Monomoy

Another caption.

Photographer

Another caption.

Adam Wheeler, Contributor

There are multiple clubs going on around our school but sometimes you cannot decide which one to join. But have no fear because here’s the inside look at some clubs. One such club is Bingo with Burkhead.  Students go to the room next to Mrs.Hoff where they play bingo with the principal and you can win prizes.  Recently, the bingo club has been growing bigger which is wonderful for everyone. Mrs.Weekes donates folders to the club to help people organize but so far not one folder has been picked. Last heard was that Mr.Burkhead will be bringing in new prizes. Find out what they are by attending.

Games Club it is a very fun club with Mr.Ambrose.  At Games Club there is a closet full of games, some are Secret Hitler, Mindtrap, Cards of Humanity , and many more. In one meeting of the club after school on Fridays, they started a game of Dungeons and Dragons. The true game has not happened yet but characters are being made. Join now for the fun of games.

Animal Welfare is a club to help take care of animals, and if you are in the club and are a loyal member, you can get cheaper payment to animal events for helping the animals in need. It is hosted during Jawsome on Day 3, part B, in Mrs.Doyle’s room A 237 but the advisor is Mrs.McMahon. It is still a skeleton of plans for the club, but more members are joining so that is a plus for animals in danger.

In the new Video Games Club, students get to use computers to play online games on a site called Steam. In Steam you can buy games and play them online.  The first game played was Brawlhalla where you fight with people called legends and fight against other people to be the best player. I was there for the first meeting. It started at Jawsome and there were no problems.  After school not everyone could play the game unfortunately, so Jawsome it is.

There are many other clubs here but these clubs had some changes this year or are new. Video Games Club started this year and two more unusual clubs are forming.  Keep your eyes and ears open for information. All of Monomoy’s clubs are fun for everyone here so it’s amazing that these clubs are around and we are so lucky. There are friends to be made and found in school clubs that can help you all in the long run.