HOLIDAY SPIRIT WEEK!!!

Drew Ryan, Contributor

The week of December 17th leading up to the winter break will be one with holiday spirit. Monday will kick off this year’s winter spirit break, filled with movie nights and ugly sweater contests. The Monomoy Spirit club will be hosting the events for the school.

Ring in the new week by bringing in your pajamas and gathering your belongings to travel through the Candy Cane forest. On Monday, students will be allowed to wear their pajamas to school and celebrate the coming break. After school on Monday, swing over to the auditorium to watch “Elf” with your family and friends. The movie will be playing from 6:30-8:30 and the entry fee is $2 which includes one free concession item.

On the second day of spirit week, wear the festive sweater your grandma knit for you, because you’ll need it to win the ugly sweater competition. On Tuesday, students and teachers can bring in their ugly sweaters and compete to see who wears it best. The competitions will be held at lunch in the cafeteria.

On the third day of spirit week, break out your reindeer onesie and remember “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.” On Wednesday bring in your holiday outfits and spread the cheer. After school from 3:15- 5:15, stop into the cafeteria for the holiday workshop and make free gifts for family and friends.

On the fourth day of spirit week, bring in your flannel and embrace your true lumberjack. Thursday is Flannel day when you and your friends can come in and wear matching stripes. During the day, the winners of the Christmas tree contest will be announced. First and second place will win a cash prize for their grade.   

On the last day of spirit week, make a snowman with your friends and wear your white. Friday will be white out day/ blizzard day. Wear as much white as you can to show your school spirit. Karaoke will be set up in the cafeteria during all three lunches.

Have a great winter spirit week and have a happy holiday break!