MRHS goes to China!

Brianna Cruz, Contributor

On April 12th, 2019, a group of MRHS students went on a trip to China and returned on April 21st, 2019. They left MRHS at 3:00 am to go to Logan airport. The plane ride was 13 hr and 30 min from New York to Beijing. While they were there, they visited many places in Beijing and Chengdu. The places they visited were the Peking Roast Duck Restaurant, the Forbidden City, Jing Shan Park, The Great Wall, An Orphanage, and a Panda sanctuary.  They experienced cultural activities, took a bullet train to Chengdu (Chengdu is a model city of culture), they got to be a Panda Keepers for a day, and they also saw the Leshan Giant Buddha.

On the first night, they went to the Peking Roast Duck for dinner. They got to experience the food that Chinese people would eat. They traveled all around the city of Beijing, seeing many interesting sites. On the third day, they went to the Great Wall, and they also cleaned up the trash that was all over the wall. The next day they went to an orphanage where they got to play with the kids that were there. On the fourth day, they took a bullet train to Chengdu, and the next day they became Panda Keepers and were able to care for the pandas. They fed the pandas and also cleaned their cages. On the last day, they got to visit the Leshan Giant Buddha, but that night they headed home. In the end, the trip was a great experience for the students to be able to visit a new country with a different culture.