Fin Fest For Monomoy!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fin Fest For Monomoy!!

Deacon Cataldo, Contributor

Fin-Fest is taking place on Friday June 7, from 1:15 pm to 3:15 pm. Students and teachers alike will be going to the turf field at Monomoy High School. Fin-Fest is the brainchild of the wonderful and hardworking teacher Ms. Schuermann. The reason why we’re doing Fin-Fest is because doing three pep rallies a year was getting redundant so instead of doing that, we’re doing something new and making a new tradition that involves the whole community. Fin-Fest allows everyone, club, sport, crew to make a stand and be a part of the shark community

Some of the fun things that are planned for Fin-Fest include inflatables, food trucks, dunk tanks, yard games, activity booths, raffle prices, concession stands, therapy dogs and puppies, and of course, color war class battles. The whole objective of this festival is to give everyone in the school a fun day and make memories. To celebrate all the hard work both students and teachers have done throughout the school year. Ms. Schuermann is hoping that people will be excited and show their school spirit. Ms. Schuermann has been working and planning Fin-Fest since October of 2018, and yet the amount of people who have consistently helped get this going has only been three.

The hardest part about getting this accomplished was not having enough consistent help from students and difficult communication to get people involved. Getting emails, announcements, and posters out there was also a difficult task. Next year Ms. Schuermann would like to have an assembly for this. Instead of class battle teams, she would rather have points be awarded for booth activities. A series of yard battles and events will win the event in whole. Hopefully next year, there will be more people helping, combining the efforts of the student council, peer leaders, and any clubs that want to help. Next year, hopefully, clubs will create more activities to contribute to the event, maybe even make it the whole day. Ms. Schuermann knows we can create yard games that will last for years to come. She would like to involve woodshop students to make them. She’d like to bring in local businesses to allow them to find new employees for jobs. The most successful part about Fin Fest was that a lot of clubs and people have helped to create this.